Friday, September 30, 2011

Except from: Existentialism and the High Tech Drifter Part I.

Except from: Existentialism and the High Tech Drifter Part I.
Drifter:
How do you rebuild civilization?

El beard:
It begins with a rock and a stick. You collect a bunch of rocks and make a circle. Then you collect a bunch of wood sticks and you start a fire. Then you cook meat and boil water. Then you eat berries while you are cooking and then you turn the berries into wine. Then you drink wine and eat berries while you cook meat.

I was greater than those, who were among the shining beings. I am the one among the worms. Thou art thee who hateth fraud and craftiness. No cries of joy at the coming into existence. The devourer of all slaughtered things, they have seen the earth! Yet many do not believe. When magicians gathered on the appointed day. Mankind was once one nation, created from a single soul, and bestowed the earth with countless men and women. There is no other life, but this; nor shall we ever be raised to life again. Eat your plates of beef and drink your wine. Your armour is in the enemies hands. Find the means of salvation of god, through some superior man, and restore our cities to life. This city is a ship, leave your place, and come among us, and furnish it with engines for your own delight. Commander of the Army, when men of wickedness seek control of the earth, when devotion to nature is the highest order, when nations of the earth struggle to extend their borders, he who designed earth by his power, stretched out the heavens by his skill, shall seize the appointed time and judge with equity.

You are the voice I hear in the wind, your thoughts bring me joy, yours is the smile, the joy in the day, who brightens my day and gives love new meaning. Tender joy of gentle waves, these things you are to me. Stars shine in a special way, soaring with the currents of the air, hand in hand, my love and happiness, warmth of your body, feel your arms in loves embrace. Moments we spend together, ecstatic, intense, take my heart, passionate lady, take my soul and breathe dreams into my love of life. A life, a world apart, yet a part of you and me, such love grows the wonderful seed.

Drifter:
“How do you imagine such imagery and vision?”

El beard:
“It's easy. Visualize you're so great that everyone wants to obey you until you become delusional and act like it. Global warming is seriously underrated. If we all go outside tonight & light a pile of used tires with gasoline, we can make a difference. Remember that time Charlie Sheen was awesome every day of his life. Now I'm torn between using the turmoil in Tunisia to rebuild the Carthaginian Empire & trying to take over Spain. I need an opiate. This depression ain't fixing itself.” El beard!

Xiphias Press Copyright 2011